Monday, February 06, 2006

The Batteries Have Landed

I am now the proud owner of 30 10Ah D-size NiMH Cells. Here's a picture of 10 of them:

I've spent the last couple hours soldering them together in sticks of six volts (5 cells). The solder tabs make this relatively easy, and the heat shrink tubing should enhance the conductivity by forcing the cells together:

Here's the nearly-complete pack, shown roughly where it will go on the (underside of the) board:

I still need to solder on the interconnect wiring, seal the ends up with silicone, and position the thermistor for the charger's temperature sensing. Plus I'll need to figure out how I'm going to affix the pack to the board. I'm leaning toward using the industrial-strength velcro that held the previous pack in place.

Finally it will need a full charge before I taking it for a test run around the block.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home